Saturday, May 29, 2010

Some New Art

Playing with paint and recycling old thrift store frames. This was an old beat up wooden frame that I brought back to life. My husband says this angel she looks more like Medusa but I was going for an angel that evokes the mystical energy of deep communion. I went an entirely different direction than I thought I was going. At first she was going to have straight black hair but for some reason I decided to paint her hair blue. Then when I put the first layer of her skin tone my daughter said she liked the white layer, so I decided to go for it and just add blue tones. It is fun to think outside the box. I think the blue color projects a mystical quality.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a very nice piece! I especially like the color choices!

    ReplyDelete